Sun, 14 Jul|
Coalport Village Hall
Willow Garden Decorations
Make a willow dragonfly and wind spinner to decorate your garden this summer.
Time & Location
14 Jul 2024, 10:00 – 13:00
Coalport Village Hall, 34 Coalport High St, Telford TF8 7HT, UK
About the course
Discover the basic tools and techniques of willow weaving, and make your own willow dragonfly and wind spinner to decorate your garden this summer.
This workshop is suitable for complete beginners. You'll first learn a simple weaving technique to create a three foot long wind spinner, which look beautiful hung from trees. We'll then move on to the dragonfly, where you'll be shown the spiral weave technique to create the body, before adding the wings. The dragonfly can be mounted on a tall stick so it can fly above your flowers and shrubs.
About the venue
The workshop will take place at Coalport Village Hall, which is a lovely space on the banks of the River Severn at the bottom of the Ironbridge Gorge UNESCO World Heritage Site.
You're welcome to visit my studio at Maws Craft Centre after the workshop, which is just a five minute walk away from the Hall on the opposite bank of the river. Maws Craft Centre is a bustling creative hub with lots of artist studios and gallery spaces for you to have a wander around. You can also explore further afield, and go for a walk along the River Severn and take in the spectacular views of the historic Ironbridge Gorge.
- This course is suitable for beginners and over-16s. No previous experience is necessary.
- The group size is limited to 8 to ensure that all course participants can get 1:1 support from the course tutor.
- All tools and materials are included.
- Hot drinks and biscuits will be provided during the workshop. Please let me know if you have any special dietary requirements.
- Please see my Terms & Conditions for my cancellation and refund policy.
- Ticket type