Sun, 22 Sept|
Coalport Village Hall
Learn how to make your own shallow round basket, perfect for storing bread or fruit.
Time & Location
22 Sept 2024, 10:00 – 16:00
Coalport Village Hall, 34 Coalport High St, Telford TF8 7HT, UK
About the course
Join me for basketmaking course where you'll be introduced to the tools and techniques of the heritage craft of willow weaving. I'll show you how to make your own shallow round basket, which is perfect for storing bread or fruit. You'll learn how to make a round base, stake up the basket, weave the sides, and turn down the border.
This workshop is suitable for complete beginners and for those with some previous experience in willow weaving.
About the venue
The workshop will take place at Coalport Village Hall, which is a lovely space on the banks of the River Severn at the bottom of the Ironbridge Gorge UNESCO World Heritage Site.
You're welcome to visit my studio at Maws Craft Centre after the workshop, which is just a five minute walk away from the Hall on the opposite bank of the river. Maws Craft Centre is a bustling creative hub with lots of artist studios and gallery spaces for you to have a wander around. You can also explore further afield, and go for a walk along the River Severn and take in the spectacular views of the historic Ironbridge Gorge.
- This course is suitable for beginners and over-16s. No previous experience is necessary.
- The group size is limited to 8 to ensure that all course participants can get 1:1 support from the course tutor.
- All tools and materials are included.
- A simple homemade lunch, hot drinks and biscuits will be provided during the workshop. Please let me know if you have any special dietary requirements.
- Please see my Terms & Conditions for my cancellation and refund policy.
- Ticket type