Sat, 21 Oct|
Rustic frame basket
Learn how to make your own rustic frame basket at the beautiful Wellness Woodlands in Highley, Shropshire.
Time & Location
21 Oct 2023, 10:00 – 16:00
Wellness Woodlands, Highley, Bridgnorth, Shropshire WV16 6HZ
About the course
Learn how to make your own rustic frame basket at the beautiful Wellness Woodlands in Shropshire.
During the course, you'll be introduced to the basic tools and techniques of willow weaving. You'll learn how to make and connect a pair of wreaths to act as the basket frame, and then add ribs to weave around. We'll mainly be using willow as the weaving material, but there will also be the opportunity to incorporate other foraged vines and fibres from the woodlands and hedgerows of the Wellness Woodlands site.
About the venue
Wellness Woodlands is an award winning campsite, retreat space and outdoor education site in Highley, just south of Bridgnorth.
"A beautiful and peaceful sanctuary that offers a safe and serene environment to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life. Set in the heart of Shropshire, the woodland space is designed to help you connect with nature, disconnect from the world, and gain a sense of calmness and relaxation. A safe space to improve mental and physical well-being, and to rejuvenate your mind and body."
- This course is suitable for beginners and over-16s. No previous experience is necessary.
- The group size is limited to 8 to ensure that all course participants can get 1:1 support from the course tutor.
- Hot drinks and a simple vegetarian lunch is provided as part of the course price. Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
- The course will take place in a barn with a log burner. There will be an opportunity to go for a walk around the site during the workshop to forage other weaving material. Please dress appropriately, including warm and waterproof layers and sturdy outdoor shoes.
- Tickets for this course are non-refundable.
- Ticket type